Skin tends to degrade as it ages. It can develop undesirable features that may be considered damage by us, but slip past the body’s definition of needing repair. This can lead to persistent conditions that make you look older and less attractive than you could.
Ultherapy® represents a new step in rejuvenating the skin. It utilizes a non-surgical approach designed to treat the anatomical imperfections that lead to loose, damaged and deteriorated skin.
What is Ultherapy®?
This procedure utilizes ultrasonic waves to transmit energy beneath the surface of the skin. This allows for collagen problems to be succinctly solved without the need for invasive surgery, uncomfortable recoveries or cumbersome approaches that interfere with your daily life. The ultrasonic waves pass harmlessly through the skin until they reach tissue that has a certain target density. In most treatments, this will be the collagen structures that reside deep beneath the skin.
The waves transform into vibrations and heat, which in turn causes loose and undesirable collagen structures to begin breaking down. The body views these structures as damaged, removes the old cells and begins to regrow new collagen that is denser and healthy. This is what gives Ultherapy® the ability to tighten the skin without surgery.
Who is an Ideal Candidate?
There are a few pieces of criteria that any patient seeking Ultherapy® should have before proceeding with the procedure. These include:
- Having a healthy, stable weight and a minimal amount of excess body fat
- Keeping cardiovascular problems, diabetes and blood pressure managed
- Preventing negative factors that can lead to skin degeneration, which include overexposure to the sun, poor nutrition and dirty skin
- The potential to produce more collagen than what exists in your skin already
These factors should be placed in the patient’s favor before Ultherapy® begins. This enables the treatment to be more effective, provide stable long-term results and prevent potential complications from arising. Additional factors that may make Ultherapy® more ideal for a candidate include:
- The desire to avoid surgery and surgical procedures
- Relatively healthy skin that lacks an excess of sun damage
- A reasonable understanding of how much the treatment can help
- Minimal sagging of the skin, as sagging can represent collagen problems that Ultherapy® may be less effective at solving
Ideal candidates tend to be younger, but it is worth noting that older patients can see results from Ultherapy®. This means that chronological age is less of a factor than physical age.
Is Ultherapy® Right for You?
This treatment can provide amazing results, offering improvements that can make a patient’s face look and feel years younger. To determine if you are an ideal candidate for Ultherapy®, set up a consultation at Lincoln Park Aesthetics in Chicago. Dr. Gutowski and his well-trained staff can use their experience to accurately assess the condition of your skin, which in turn can help them form the most effective plan for treating your aging skin. Contact our office today to schedule your appointment.